Here's a listing of government offices and services that will be closed on Monday for Memorial Day.
The trucker was hauling a load of drilling equipment when his load bumped against the steel framework over an Interstate 5 bridge. He looked in his rearview mirror and watched in horror as the span...
If you want to say goodbye to the old inverted pyramid, the clock is ticking. In anticipation, the Pier has packed its final weekend with celebratory events.
The Bucs began voluntary offseason workouts last week, and everyone who was supposed to be there was there. But for second-year safety Mark Barron, there was one person missing.
The City of Largo will offer two SELF-SERVICE sandbag locations to Largo residents, beginning at 2pm today.
You may receive up to 10 sandbags for residential use and 25 for commercial use at:
* The Parking Lot of K-Mart, 1000 Missouri Ave, and at
* Tri-City Plaza, at the corner of East Bay Drive and U.S. 19, behind the AMC movie theaters.
Hillsborough County has opened sand bag centers in the
* Plant City Street/Storm-water Facility at the intersection of Spencer and N. Alexander Streets.
* Plant City area at East Service Unit, 4702 Sydney Road and
*Cork Knights Fire Station 26, 5302 W. Thonotosassa Road.
Distributions will continue through 10 p.m.
Citrus County Road Maintenance has reopened the two sandbag locations in Citrus County for residents living in coastal or low-lying areas as a result of coastal flooding due to Tropical Storm Alberto.
Citizens may pick up sandbags at either of the following locations:
* 7490 Gulf to Lake Highway (east of Crystal River, across from Dan’s Clam Stand),
*4508 Grand March Avenue (off Grover Cleveland Boulevard in Homosassa).
Sandbags are available at three locations:
* The Hernando Beach Volunteer Fire Department on Shoal Line Boulevard,
* The Brooksville Fire Department on Veterans Avenue in Brooksville and
* The Ridge Manor Community Center on Cortez Boulevard, just east of U.S. 301.
The City of Tampa will make sandbags available to city residents at three locations in anticipation of Tropical Strom Alberto.
Residents may pick-up sandbags at the
* Himes Sports Complex, 4500 South Himes Avenue;
* Jackson Heights Playground, 3310 E. Lake Avenue; and
* The solid waste facility at 4010 W. Spruce Street.
Tampa residents interested in receiving sandbags must show identification verifying residence within the city limits.
Valid driver’s license, utility bill or electric bill will serve as appropriate identification.
Sandbags will be available today, Monday, June 12, from noon until 7 p.m. and on Tuesday, June 13, from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
* Oldsmar - 402 St. Petersburg Dr. E.
* Tarpon Springs - Bags are available at Public Works on Pine St. Sand is available at Live Oak Parking Lot at Pinellas Ave. and Safford, Dorsett Park at 500 E. Harrison St.
* St. Petersburg - Mangrove Bay Golf Course 62nd Ave NE and Bartlett Park, 22nd Ave S. between 6th St. and 7th St.
* Indian Shores - Town Hall
Sandbags Available at Public Works Units, Fire Stations
From: Hillsborough County Emergency Operations Center
Hillsborough County residents can visit their nearest Hillsborough County Public Works Maintenance Division Unit or Fire Station to pick up sand bags. Locations will remain open today until 10 p.m. Additional assistance will be given to disabled residents who request it.
Only the following locations have sand bags available:
* Central Service Unit
4115 66th St. S. in Tampa
* East Service Unit
4702 Sydney Road in Plant City
* South Service Unit
7820 Big Bend Road in Gibsonton
* West Service Unit
9805 Sheldon Road in Tampa
* Armwood Fire Station 4
11826 SE 92 in Seffner
* Gibsonton Fire Station 12
8612 Gibsonton Drive in Gibsonton
* Gunn Highway Fire Station 13
7502 Gunn Hwy in Tampa
* North Hillsborough Fire Station 14
1404 131st Ave. in Tampa
* Ruskin Fire Station 17
101 First Ave. N.E. in Ruskin
* Seffner-Mango Fire Station 18
105 E. Cactus Road (Cactus & Kingsway) in Seffner
* West Hillsborough I Fire Station 20
7020 W. Hillsborough Ave. in Tampa
* Cork Knights Fire Station 26
5302 W. Thonotosassa Road in Plant City
* Bloomingdale Fire Station 27
4705 E. Bloomingdale in Brandon
* Apollo Beach Fire Station 29
626 Golf & Sea Blvd.
West Hillsborough II Fire Station 31
8901 Memorial Hwy in Tampa
For more information, residents should call the Hillsborough Infoline at 813-272-5900.